How To Make Natural Homemade Cleaning Products?
The conventional cleaning products available in the local markets and online stores are loaded with chemicals and toxic substances to make our household chores easier. Of course, these fancy products can help you remove stains and grime with ease, but the harmful chemicals can lead to various health hazards and pollute the environment.
According to some surveys, one out of three people suffers from allergies, bronchitis and asthma. Some store-bought cleaners are allergy triggers and some contain ammonia, formaldehyde, perchloroethylene that can be harmful to the lungs. That’s the reason why professionals use eco-friendly products while performing a thorough end of lease cleaning in Darwin.
You can also treat stubborn stains, grime, grease, mould, mildew and germs using natural and 100 per cent safe cleaning products.
Here is the list of some great recipes to help you prepare organic cleaning solutions at home without using expensive ingredients.
Must-have Natural Cleaning Products that can Make Your Work Easier:
Make sure you have the following products in your cleaning caddy. You can spruce up your home and create effective DIY natural cleaning solutions with these ingredients.
It contains an acidic property that can help you get rid of stubborn stains, grime, mould, mildew and soap scum. It is a terrific alternative to store-bought stain removing products because it has no harsh chemicals.
You can use it to prepare other cleaning products at home to clean surfaces like carpet, rugs, floors, shower glass, windows, blinds, etc.
Do not use vinegar on natural stones, such as granite and marbles.
It is a perfect natural deodoriser that can help you achieve sparkling results without releasing chemicals into the air. You can use this product on almost anything and get rid of stains, grime, bad smell and germs.
It is an affordable and effective ingredient that can be used on stained and greasy surfaces. You can maintain the pristine look of your abode using this ingredient.
You need essential oils, such as lavender, tea tree, lemongrass, lemon, rose, etc, to enhance the fragrance of your homemade cleaner. A few drops of essential oil can banish unpleasant odours in no time.
You should include this product in your cleaning caddy as it works wonders in cutting stubborn stains, built-up grease and oil.
This is one of the most versatile natural cleaning ingredients used to clean almost all surfaces around a home.
You can also hire professionals for a thorough end of lease cleaning if you are at the end of your tenancy for your bond money.
Here are the recipes of some DIY homemade cleaning products:
1. All-purpose Cleaner
You can use this cleaning solution to clean all surfaces except natural stone surfaces.
- ½ cup of white vinegar
- ½ gallon of warm water
- Liquid Dishwashing Soap
- A few Drop of your Favourite Essential Oil
Mix all these ingredients in a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution to clean shower head, shower glass, windows, sills, bathroom mirrors, tile grouts, microwave, fridge, etc.
- You can also dampen the cloth and blot the carpet to remove spills and stains. This is an effective method to clean carpets and rugs.
You can get quality supplies and develop small routines to make household cleaning fun. Also, prepare household cleaning products in advance for sparkling results.
2. Carpet Deodoriser
You can use this homemade carpet deodoriser to freshen up your carpets and rugs. This DIY natural cleaning product works wonder if you add a few drops of essential oil.
- 1 Cup baking soda
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch
- A few drops of essential oil, such as lavender.
- Mix both the ingredients in a bowl and add3-4 drops of essential oil.
- Sprinkle the natural deodoriser onto carpets and rugs to banish bad smell.
- Let it sit for half an hour before vacuuming.
3. Natural Mould Removal
Mould and mildew on the bathroom tile and other humid areas can lead to various health problems. Make sure you use this product to treat nasty black spores:
- One part of Hydrogen Peroxide
- Warm water
- Add these ingredients into a spray bottle
- Apply it on the mould or affected surface
- Leave it for 10-20 minutes before rinsing
- Dry the surface completely
4. Natural Disinfectant
Disinfecting contaminated surfaces around the home has become the need of an hour during the COVID-19 times. It is good to use natural disinfectants instead of any harsh or expensive product.
- 2 tablespoons of borax
- 4-5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups of hot water
- ¼ teaspoon castile soap (liquid)
- Mix all the ingredients in a spray bottle
- Spray the solution on the contaminated surface or high-traffic areas/frequently touched areas to kill germs and bacteria.
5. Eco-friendly Floor Cleaner
White vinegar is the great ingredient that can help you achieve sparkling results. You can clean floors using this cleaning tool:
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon dish soap
- Add all ingredients in a spray bottle.
- Use this on your floor and get rid of stains
- Mop the surface
- Rinse the floor
These are some of the best homemade cleaning products that can help you achieve sparkling results without causing any harm to the environment. You can also prefer hiring professional end of lease cleaners in Darwin so that you can claim your bond back. They will use eco-friendly products while sprucing up the premises to keep the harmful chemicals at bay.