The Ultimate End Of Tenancy Cleaning Checklist For Tenants
However, it becomes very difficult because you have to deal with several other responsibilities simultaneously. As a result, the property does not get thorough cleaning as you overlook several key spots.
Many tenants prefer to hire experienced professionals to get the best end of lease cleaning in Darwin. They use their experience and skill to give you the best possible cleaning. The professionals use a standard checklist to make sure that they cover all the crucial spots in the property. If you want to clean the property using DIY methods, then you will also require such a checklist.
Read on to know more about the ultimate end of tenancy cleaning checklist for tenants.
The kitchen is the most used room in a house. It acts as a magnet to grease, spills, food stains, humidity, dust and dirt. These things promote the growth of germs and bacteria. Therefore, your cooking place requires a thorough cleaning.
Moreover, this room has different surfaces that require different cleaning methods. Thus, you should always start your cleaning from the kitchen. Cover the following spots when you are cleaning this room.
- Remove cobwebs from the kitchen ceiling corners
- Wipe dust and dirt collected on the top of doors
- Remove dirt, spills and stain from countertops
- Wipe inside the kitchen cupboards, drawers and shelves
- Scrub and wash your kitchen sinks and faucets
- Remove the hard water stains and limescale
- Get rid of grease from the wall tiles
- Remove food stains, de-grease and wipe the oven inside and out
- Pay attention to stovetop, Range hood exhaust and filter
- Remove dirt from microwaves inside and out
- Clean your dishwasher internally as well as externally
- Exterior of all kitchen appliances
- Eliminate the dirt from the outside of drawers and kitchen cabinets
- Sweep, vacuum and mop the kitchen floors
The bathroom also accumulates a lot of dirt and requires vigorous cleaning. The property owners inspect the bathroom carefully so and make you follow a checklist, so the room looks sparkling clean.
To save your time and get high-quality cleaning, contact the professionals who offer reliable end of lease cleaning in Darwin. If you are doing it on your own, make sure you remove all the toiletries, towels, cosmetics, etc. before you start cleaning. Do not forget to clean the following spots in your checklist.
- Remove cobwebs from the bedroom’s ceiling corners
- Remove the dust and dirt from the on top of doors
- Scrub and wash the toilet, bathtub and sink
- Scrub and wash the faucets
- Remove limescale from the showerhead
- Get rid of the soap scum from shower glass
- Remove dirt from the bathroom curtain rails
- Remove dust from the mirror and polish it properly
- Thoroughly clean the light fittings
- Clean and sanitise the light switches
- Remove gunk from the drain
- Clean the grout and the tiles
- Remove dirt from the exhaust fan
Living Room and Dining Area
Your living room and dining area are the first things your landlord will notice during the final inspection. So, make sure that you clean the area perfectly. Dust and dirt in the living room are easily visible but least tolerable. Therefore you need to focus on every minute detail. You just cannot afford to leave even a single spot unclean.
- Remove the cobwebs from the ceiling corner
- Wipe the light fitting and blades of the ceiling fan
- Remove marks from the walls and baseboard
- Wipe the furniture
- Vacuum the upholstery and remove stains
- Vacuum the carpet thoroughly and get rid of the stains
- Clean the window glass from both sides
- Remove dust from the blinds and sills
- Get rid of the dirt from the curtain rails
- Clean the air ventilation ducts and filters
- Sweep and mop the floor
In comparison to the kitchen and bathroom, your bedroom is a lot easier to clean. It doesn’t accumulate a lot of dust and dirt because you clean your bedroom from time to time. However, you cannot take the cleaning task lightly when your reputation and security deposits are at stake. When you clean your bedroom, include the following spots in your checklist.
- Remove cobwebs from ceiling corners
- Wipe the wardrobes, shelves, cupboards and nightstands.
- Get rid of the dirt from the top of doors
- Remove dust from the picture frames and curtain rails
- Wipe the mirrors pictures and other wall hangings
- The light switches, sockets and extension cords
- the lampshades and light fittings
- Remove the scuff marks from bedroom walls
- Clean the window glass from both sides
- Wipe the window sills and blinds
- Sweep and mop the laminate and hard floors
End of lease cleaning is entirely different from regular cleaning because it involves a hefty amount of bond money. So follow the checklist mentioned above to get a much better result. If you don’t have enough time or you want to focus more on other aspects of moving, hire trained end of lease cleaners in Darwin. They will execute the task perfectly, and that will impress the landlord.