What All Should A Cleaning Checklist Include?
Whether you are sprucing up your house on a regular basis or prepping it at the end of your tenancy, make sure you carry a proper cleaning checklist. It plays a pivotal role in transforming your grimy and messy home into a beautiful space. This will help you ensure you don’t miss anything (any area or chore) and complete the job in a timely manner.
Hiring trained professionals for house cleaning and detailed end of lease cleaning in Darwin can also save you a lot of time and energy. They know how to carry out even the most difficult task with precision. If you are concerned about the bond money, then book professionals in advance. The best part is that they will bring a comprehensive cleaning checklist which includes all rooms, nooks and crannies as well as hard-to-reach areas.
To know the inclusions of a cleaning checklist, keep reading the article:
1. A Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Most people think that bathroom is one of the dirtiest places in a home. This is not true. According to cleaning experts, a kitchen is the breeding ground for harmful germs and bacteria. A grimy countertop and greasy kitchen appliances can invite germs, which can lead to foodborne diseases. That’s why it is good to deep clean your kitchen before moving out of a rental property in Darwin.
- Remove dust and grime from the windows, blinds, doors and tracks
- Wipe down the drawers, shelves and cabinets from inside and out. Do not miss the top of your cabinets.
- Clean and disinfect the sink, grouts and faucets.
- Unclog the garbage disposal
- Spot clean walls and baseboards
- Clean the microwave, oven, fridge and dishwasher inside and out
- Get rid of stubborn stains, food splatters, oil spills from the countertop, slabs, and stovetop
- Sweep and mop the floor.
Tip: Use eco-friendly products to remove tough stains and grime. You can prepare various homemade solutions using white vinegar, baking soda, dishwashing soap etc.
2. A Living Room & Bedroom Cleaning Checklist
It is important to deep clean your living area and bedrooms to prevent the spread of dust, dirt and germs. These are the areas where you spend most of your time, and that’s why proper sprucing is needed. You can also perform 5 cleaning activities to keep your bedroom clean. Consider the following tasks for sparkling outcomes:
- Get rid of dust particles, grime and pollens from air filters and ceiling fans
- Clean your ceiling walls, corners, light fittings and fixtures
- Wash windows inside and out
- Vacuum your window blinds
- Clean the storage units, doors, tracks and frames
- Wipe glass surfaces, mirrors, picture frames, slabs and other hard surfaces
- Wipe Baseboards
- Vacuum mattresses, wash pillow covers and bed sheets.
- Clean the top of your closet
- Vacuum your carpets and rugs
- Sweep and mop floors.
Tip: If your bond money is at stake, then consider hiring trained end of lease cleaners in Darwin and pass your rental inspection.
3. Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
Cleaning and sanitisation are two important chores that can help you achieve sparkling clean bathroom. You can consider the following tasks while sprucing up your bathroom:
- Remove rust stains, water marks, and grime from shower head, glass door and tiles.
- Clean the bathtub inside and out
- Dust and clean drawers, cabinets and shelves
- Clean and disinfect toilet seat and the area behind your toilet
- Wash walls, tile grouts and sink
- Polish the taps
- Clean the mirror
- Remove dust and stains from doors and tracks
- Mop the floor
Tip: Do not use chemically-laden cleaning products as it can lead to various health hazards, such as respiratory disorders, skin and eye irritation, and cancer.
4. Outdoor Areas Checklist
Thorough cleaning of the house also include the outdoor areas, such as patio, garage and entryway. So, make sure you consider the following list:
- Dust and vacuum outdoor patio, furniture and garage areas
- Pressure clean the driveway, entryway and entrance
- Spot clean walls
- Wash and mop the floors
Make sure you check every nook and cranny of the premises before getting into the process. It is because landlords thoroughly inspect the property inside and out before handing over the deposited security.
Keeping an abode clean and dust-free is crucial for the indoor living environment. You can use this checklist or prepare your own if you are sprucing up your rental property. For a detailed service, you can hire professionals for a quality end of lease cleaning in Darwin and get your bond back.