Which House Cleaning Tasks Should Be Done Daily & Weekly
If you want to clean your home perfectly and quickly, you need to design a schedule that is easy to follow. Write down all the chores that need to be done and also decided how often it is required. Then segregate the chores into daily and weekly tasks. Designing such a schedule can make the dusting and scrubbing task a lot easier.
Many people prefer to contact a company that offers thorough end of lease cleaning in Darwin. These companies also provide additional services, including thorough dusting of the house. The professionals use modern tools and the latest methods to give you the result you want and save your time. If you want to prepare a daily and weekly schedule, you need some guidance.
Read on to know more about the house cleaning tasks that should be done daily and weekly.
Tasks You Should Perform Daily
There are some areas in your house that accumulate dirt and germs quicker than other spots. Therefore, you must clean them on a regular basis. It will hardly take 30 to 40 minutes to perform the following tasks.
- Make your bed: The first thing you should do every morning is to make your bed. It will only take a few minutes, but a clean bed will make your bedroom look organised.
- Vacuum the upholstery: Your upholstery accumulate dust, dirt and pet hair every day. So, if you want to keep the fabric of the upholstery clean, use a vacuum cleaner regularly.
- Clear the clutter: No matter how many time to clean the clutter, it keeps coming back, particularly if you have kids. So, make sure that you include the task in your daily chores.
- Wipe the furniture: From wardrobe, cupboard and dining table to the wooden part of the upholstery, chairs and coffee table, wipe all the furniture. Use a microfibre cloth as it can trap all the dust.
- Clean shower glass: The shower glass accumulates hard water stains and soap scum every day. Therefore, you must clean the glass every time you take a shower. Also, open the windows so the fresh air can remove the moisture present on the glass.
- Wipe stovetop and kitchen countertop: These are the spots where you will find spills, stains and food particles. So, after preparing your meal, use warm soapy water and a cloth to clean these spots.
- Sweep the floor: The surface that collects the maximum amount of dirt and dust is your floor. To keep your home perfectly clean, sweep the floor of the entire house regularly.
- Disinfect High-touch points: To eliminate the germs and bacteria from your house, disinfect the high-touch points such as doorknobs, faucets, light switch, the handle of the appliances and so on.
Tasks You Should Perform Weekly
Some areas do not need dusting and scrubbing regularly, but that doesn’t mean you can overlook them for months. If you have a busy schedule, you can hire professionals who offer the best end of lease cleaning in Darwin and opt for their additional service. If you are doing it on your own, make sure you clean them once a week.
- Clean the kitchen appliances: Whether it is oven, refrigerator, microwave or dishwasher, clean all the appliances inside out once a week. It will prevent the deposit of grime and maintain their efficiency.
- Scrub the toilet: It is perhaps the dirtiest spot in the house and a hub of different types of bacteria. Therefore, you should thoroughly scrub the toilet once a week.
- Vacuum the carpets: Carpets collect pet hair, dust, dirt, food particles, spills, insect droppings, etc. All these things can promote the growth of bacteria. If you want to keep the infections at bay, vacuum it thoroughly and use baking soda to eliminate the smell.
- Clean the windows: The window glass and blinds take a little time to get dirty. But you cannot overlook such spot for months. Use a squeegee to clean the window glass and a wet rag to clean the blinds.
- Ceiling corners and fans: Use a broom with a long handle to remove the cobwebs from the ceiling corners of all the rooms. After that, remove the dust from the ceiling fan blades.
- Wipe the light fittings: Use a step ladder to reach the light fitting and wipe them properly with a wet rag. You can also remove the fittings and wash them in your dishwasher.
- Mop the floor: Although it is advisable to sweep and mop your concrete floor daily, you can mop the dirty floor once a week. Make sure that you remove all the stains on the floor.
Dusting, vacuuming and scrubbing your household areas doesn’t have to be so stressful and time-consuming. All you need to do is to follow the schedule that is mentioned above. It will help you to perform the chores systematically. If you want to save your time and energy, hire experienced end of lease cleaners in Darwin and choose their thorough house cleaning service.