Your Complete End Of Tenancy Cleaning Checklist
However, it can be challenging to execute the task in an organised manner if you do not follow a checklist. With so many areas to cover, it is entirely possible that you overlook a few spots.
This mistake can allow the landlord to deduct some amount from your security deposit. If you want to get the job done perfectly, hire professionals to get the best end of lease cleaning in Darwin. The experts are highly skilled, use modern tools and also follow a checklist to clean the rental property thoroughly and flawlessly.
In case you are on a tight budget and want to clean on your own, make sure you follow a detailed checklist. Read on to know more about your complete end of lease cleaning checklist.
When you clean your rental property at the end of tenancy, your kitchen requires maximum amount of time. It is because you need to put some extra efforts to remove the grease and kitchen oil along with the stubborn dust, dirt and dust-mites. Moreover, this place has different types of surfaces that need different cleaning techniques.
- Wipe all the cupboards and drawers from inside and out.
- Wipe down all the appliances thoroughly, particularly the oven. Clean and degrease the inside surface.
- Remove grease from the kitchen tiles and walls.
- Wash down the kitchen countertops.
- Get rid of limescale and hard water stains from the kitchen sink and faucets.
A bathroom might not have as many different surfaces as a kitchen, but it also accumulates a lot of dirt. So, make sure that you clean every corner of the bathroom properly because the landlord carefully examines the bathroom. In case you are not comfortable scrubbing and washing your dirty toilet and bathtub, contact a reputed end of lease cleaning company in Darwin.
- Scrub and rinse the toilet from inside and out.
- Remove dirt and de-scale the sink, shower head and faucets.
- Remove dirt and mildew from the bathroom tiles.
- Wipe down the bathtub and remove hard water stains and soap scum from shower glass.
- Clean & polish the bathroom mirrors.
- Remove dust and stubborn dirt from the exhaust fan.
You cannot neglect the living room during the end of tenancy cleaning because it is the first place that landlords see the moment they enter a rental property. So, you don’t want to start the final inspection on a disappointing note. So, when you are dusting and scrubbing this room, make sure you include all the following spots in your checklist.
- Vacuum the upholstery and carpets properly. If you want deep clean them, you will have to opt for additional services offered by the end of lease cleaners in Darwin.
- Remove dirt and dust from behind and under the furniture.
- Wipe down the walls and baseboard. Remove all kinds of stains, spills and scuff marks as much as possible.
- Wipe down the ceiling fan and blades.
- Remove dust lampshades and all other items in the room.
Cleaning a bedroom is not that different from a living room. You will have to clean the carpets, lampshades, walls, baseboard and so on. However, there will be a few more surfaces that you will have to clean. So, make sure that you include the following spots in your checklist.
- Wipe down Wardrobe doors, inside and behind the Wardrobe.
- Chest of Drawers, inside and behind the Chest of Drawers.
- Clean Window frames, glasses, blinds and sills.
- Remove dirt from Picture frames, doors and door frames.
- Wipe Curtain rails and picture rail.
- Wipe down the ceiling fan and blades.
- Remove spots and dirt from the mirror.
Hallway and Stairs
Tenants often forget to clean the hallway and stairs because they are not part of any rooms. However, you should always remember that every single spot is important during the end of lease cleaning. The property owners carefully examine these spots and expect to find flaws. So, make sure you thoroughly dust the following spots.
- Remove dirt from the banister, railings and stairway.
- Spot clean the walls as well as baseboard in hallway.
Apart from the spots mentioned above, there are also some common areas that you need to clean in all the room. Without covering these areas, you will not achieve the result you need. Inclusion of the following spots is essential to complete end of tenancy checklist.
- Whether it is the living room, bedroom, kitchen or bathroom, start your process by removing the cobwebs for the ceiling corners.
- Eliminates mould and mildew from all the rooms.
- Dust the light fittings and get rid of the stubborn dirt with a damp cloth.
- Clean the window glass and wipe down the window sills.
- Remove dirt from the plugs and light switches.
- At the end of the process, sweep and mop the hard floors.
It is no secret that the end of lease cleaning is a challenging task. However, you can make it a lot easier, quicker and more effective by following a checklist. You can prepare the list on your own by following the spots mentioned above. However, if you want to accomplish the task more effectively, opt for professional cleaners. They will improve your chance of getting back the bond